Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Road


As an immigrant from China, after 3 years life in Toronto, following the calling from above my headI wandered my way here Westport, Ontario.  I had been trying to find myself reason for being here, maybe the name of Westport is close to West Lake, where my hometown is? Maybe the view here is similar to where I grew up? Then, I stopped, as I m here. Anyway,   2008, I moved to our village Newport Village, Westport, On..Without question, I stayed because I fell love with this community for the people here. They remind me of my neighbors when I was kid, before everybody moved to big building, then we had less and less chance to meet, because the life turned so busy there. Though I don’t like it, I have to tell myself it is life.

But, still I the only trouble here, our bumping private road. As everybody knows, I m a Chinese driver.  J  The puddle holes seem like me more than anybody.  I asked our village president, and told him that I would like to offer helping to fix the road, anything I can do.

Ernie came over after diner, he explain me how the weather works on the road, and what we could do to make the road better at the best time. After that, more important, he told me your left wheel is just line up with your left feet, so that if I drive with this in my mind, I can steer around the puddles.

This morning, after I drop off Marco to school, I drove back home, and same road, I had the smoothest drive I had in the 3 years. Yahooo!!!

I was so happy, I cheers with my friend Doug that I have to call Ernie to thank him for teaching me on how to steer away from puddle holes. Then, I thought, I should write it down as a story about seniors teaching young pal about the life. We really don’t have to fight with the environment but steer around from puddles. So that everybody can cheer together for our learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home